Friday, July 3, 2009

It's the little things that are the best.........

This is Thad posting this so if it doesn't turn out right it is my first time so give me a break. I just have a quick story to tell. As we were driving home from San Diego tonight I was in the back seat with Cayson and Carly was trying to fall asleep. He wasn't able to watch a DVD so I told him he could watch Spongebob on my iPhone (and in case you didn't know he is in love with that show). So now he has my phone and I have nothing to listen to so I just sat there and watched him enjoying his show and making comments to himself about how funny he thought what just happened was. Earlier he had stolen my water bottle for a drink and it wasn't one of those small kinds you buy in large packages it was the bigger ones you buy seperately at the gas station and he had it between his legs. As he has the phone up close to his face to hear and see he takes a drink from this huge bottle of water, almost bigger then his arm, all the while continuing to watch the phone and never missing a beat. Of course, he spilled a little on himself, noticed it, and kept on watching like nothing had ever happened. Now, I know throughout a parent's time with their children they have a ton of these moments but everytime I have one it can't help me but to think of all the times when I was younger and would catch my mom just staring at me. I always thought to myself "what is she doing?" but now with an older son and a young daughter and another on the way I know exactly what she was doing. I get it from her, she probably got it from Grandmom (because I see her do it all the time with her grandchildren) and my kids will most likely do it with their kids. You gotta love it!

1 comment:

Matt & Amanda said...

It is called "doting" lol. I do it all the time with my kids. I love this story and it is fun to hear it from a daddy. :) I am so happy for you guys...Children truly are miracles and I am so thankful you and Lacy cherish them.