Saturday Carly woke up with a really high fever and vomiting so Thad and I thought that it would be a good idea to take her to Phoenix Children's to have her checked out. I brought her in at 6am and they did a CT and x-ray series to check her shunt and it turned out good. She was swabbed for the flu and came out positive for Influenza A...(H1N1/Swine Flu) and has double ear infections AGAIN. We were sent home with Tamaflu and an antibiotic. Sunday she woke up at 3am with a 103.4 fever and then slept until 9am. She slept most of the day and around 3:30 I checked her temp and she was at 104.5, was hard to wake and lethargic and hadn't eaten or drank anything the whole day. Thad and I decided that I needed to take her back so I loaded her up in the car and gave her a sippy and headed out. Just as I got down the road she started to vomit so I turned around and went home to get a towel for her lap. Just as I got back down the road again she started vomiting again and blacking out. I called Thad and told him to call the ambulance and I turned around and rushed home. Thad ran out and got her and we struggled to keep her awake while we waited. We got loaded up and headed out. Her heart rate was spiking at 240 and had to have oxygen. My wonderful sister, Gina met me over at Del Webb and stayed with her while they placed a catheter, started an IV and did a chest x-ray. She came out positive for a urinary tract infection and pneumonia so we were transfered to PCH to be admitted. When we arrived at PCH and the ambulance doors opened my mom was standing there waiting for us. She left on friday with my dad to head up to Idaho and had just gotten there on saturday for my Aunt and Uncles mission farewell and were headed to the cabin when I called to say Carly was going to the hospital. My dad drove down to Idaho Falls and she made a 6pm flight and made an early connection in SLC to get into Phoenix 8:30...3 1/2 hours after I called. She had a kidney ultrasound yesterday which showed inflamation in the kidneys so we can just add a kidney infection to the mix. Her fever has finally broken and is feeling much better after being pumped full of fluids and IV antibiotics. She has been diagnosed with Infulenza A, double ear infections, pneumonia, and kidney/urinary tract infection. We will hopefully be going home late tomorrow afternoon!
It has been an exhausting couple of weeks and I feel like I cannot handle one more thing! I have been blessed greatly by my ward. They have been so willing to help out by bringing in meals to my family while I am gone and taking care of Burke for me so I can be here at the hospital. I have been blessed with many tender mercies from Heavenly Father from my mom making a 6pm flight after only finding out at 4:45pm and there being 1 seat left on the plane, a sister that was willing to drop everything to give me support, to a wonderful Relief Society president coming to my house to feed Thad while he was going crazy with a screaming infant. This experience has really strengthened my testimony that although we have trials Heavenly Father will help us get through them somehow if we have faith. Many big thank you's go out to everyone that has helped out! Now we just need to get through this without anyone else...especially Burke...getting this!



Carly got some cute boots and I think every little girl has to have a picture in boots naked.



