Before the walk we were playing around on the grass. These are some of the beautiful pictures of Thad that I took. He should really be a model.....or not!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Tonight Thad, Carly and I participated in the Light the Night walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma research. Some of you may or may not know that my mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in February 2004 and nearly died as a result from it. She spent almost 1 month in ICU when we found out the type of cancer she had. After extreme chemo and radiation treatments she has been in remission for over 3 years now. It felt good to support an organization that helps research and give aid to those that are afflicted with the same cancer, some of those people not getting as lucky as my mom. We had fun walking around and playing in the grass before the walk. We wish we would have brought Brindle since so many people brought their dogs with them. Shhh, don't tell her or she'll think we neglected her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is great that you guys were able to go and support those with cancer. my mom had a skin cancer scare a while ago. Life is so fragile.
Your kids looked darling in their costumes. I loved all the state fair pics too. I can't believe you can stomach the spinny rides. I can't even watch them.
Looks like you guys are busy and out having fun!
So great to see you at the polls this morning!! You guys are absolutely adorable together!! Cute family!
Post a Comment