Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Guess what I'm talking about...

I didn't know what I wanted to title this post so I thought I'd list all the ideas that I had.

Are you freaking kidding me!?!
We're screwed.
There goes our retirement...
Should we call it "The Half-Black House?"
USA=big target
Pissed doesn't cover it.
Australia, here I come!
This is going to be a long 4 years.
This sucks.
Really, he's the best we could come up with?
I worked hard all day but here, take this money.
Socialism, here we come.

Yup, we are in for it.

***pretty lenghty comment added***
***FYI- I am not racist, I have no problem with a black man as our president, I just don't like his politics/beliefs and I'm tired of the news talking about him being repressed because of his race. He is half white too!!!***

14 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah...socialism, here we come. I can't believe this. I'm first in line for whomever starts making the bumper stickers that say "Don't blame me--I didn't vote for Obama!"

Leslie said...

Are you opposed to having a multi-racial president?

I can understand not liking his policies or his ideas...but what does his race have to do with it?

Just curious. I still love you. I just wanted to know what you meant by "half-black" house. Because, to me, it isn't an issue. I think people should look at the issues and policies...not race.

katester said...

Just like I told one of my other friends, it was a bitter sweet moment for sure. On the one hand you are watching history in the making and on the other you are disappointed with the outcome. I am scared for what the next 4 years entails since that will only add 4 years to his 4 years in the Senate. YIKES! It will be interesting for sure.

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

i totally agree with you!

Lacy said...

I have no problem that he is black. People just seem to focus on that and it bugs me. Its great that we have come so far that the US can have another race as commander of the country. But the people that wanted him just because he is black need to remember that he is HALF black.

There was a story on Fox News and they were questioning people about why they were choosing Obama and asking them questions about policies. One man said he loves Sarah Palin and thinks she would be a great vice president to Obama and he agreed with Obama's pro life beliefs. This man was black.

I hate Obama's policies. He in many ways is a racist against whites, just look at the things he said about Pennsylvanians. He has said his first thing on his agenda is to change abortion issues. Just this morning the news announced Russia is testing the waters by threatening to put nuclear weapons on their Eastern shores.

He has a beautiful family and I'm sure is a nice enough guy but has nowhere near enough experience to deal with the things that are to come. And just as a reminder to the black panthers that were threatening the white voters, Obama is half white.

Leslie said...

I wasn't mad, I just wanted more explanation. I'm glad you clarified. I just think when you write things like that it portrays you to be something you are not. You know?

Aubry said...

One of my best friends growing up was half black, half white. I remember that on standardized tests she would always mark both on the race/ethnicity questions. She didn't want to feel like she was choosing one over the other, but maybe a lot of people who are both just say they are black. I don't know. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the outcome - definitely not because of race - but because of issues. I'm afraid of some of his policies and his lack of experience, but as my husband said...maybe he'll do a good job. I guess we'll see.
I feel good that Prop 102 passed here, and that Prop 8 passed in CA. Hip, hip, hooray!
And on a completely different topic, did you and Leslie still want to try to meet up to see Twilight?

Aubry said...

P.S. I'm afraid that we are headed toward socialism as well. And I'm nervous about the democratic control of both Congress and the Presidency. That could lead to some very liberal Supreme Court justices and other poilicies. But I'm going to try to just hope for the best.

Leslie said...

Aubry, there are some conservative democrats out there. Not all dems are totally liberal.

Just speaking from someone whose entire family was democrat growing up! haha. (My Dad was a bishop too, so he must not be that liberal. I mean, he voted yes on the marriage props)

Anyway... It would be fun to meet up for Twilight. I do know my sister was going to plan something so I think there might be a lot going on as far as the premeir. Did I spell that wrong?

And Lacy, I hope you weren't mad at me. I just wanted to understand more where you were coming from. I wasn't trying to be rude or mean.

Lacy said...

what would you guys think about going to see it at desert ridge? my cousin is coming up from tucson, we should all try to go together. it will make sitting around waiting more fun.

Aubry said...

What day and time are you thinking of to see the movie? I probably can't go Saturday because I have something out in far East Mesa at 2pm, and my drive to Desert Ridge isn't short. I could do Friday...maybe Shalie could go to my parents' house (they don't live up there anymore) or if it's late maybe Travis can watch her. Just let me know what you think. If we can't work it out that's okay, but it would be fun to see you guys.

Schatz said...

I have to agree with you. Race has been too much of an issue to the media, not to mention the many people that only voted because of Obama's race. And I hate that we have to be so politically correct, we the right-leaning people. why is it okay to say the christian right, the redneck right, but not the (insert any number of words here) left? And it really surprises me that so many Christian people as well as LDS would vote for someone that is pro-abortion...for that fact alone, he shouldn't get their vote. Obama is to be feared, and I am scared!

Amy M. said...

I know! I'm freaking out.
WHAT are people thinking?
Nice that we live in Cuba now.

Leslie said...

Desert Ridge would be fun. I'm thinking if it is late that is better because my kids are in bed for the night. Savannah eats less at night. Let me know if you guys want to plan something ahead of time so I can make sure the husband is okay with it.