Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

 Carly and "Poh-zee" laying out. 
I wish we lived closer to each other, I'm sure these girls would be the best of friends!
  Cayson is very concerned with his tan. 
  See this cute little truck tube that Burke is in? Looks safe, right?
 You see where I'm going with this, I'm sure.
 He continued right on over. He had his life vest on since I thought it would keep him safe if he fell out. Unfortunately when he went over the life vest and truck were working against each other, holding him under. All the adults were sitting around the pool watching the kids. I was laying out in the chair near the pool but wasn't watching. I heard my mom yell something and I looked up to see Burke's legs where his head just was. Somehow I made it into the pool before my mom and brother-in-law who were both right next to the pool. Everyone said they never saw me move so fast! I got to him and had him flipped back over all at the same time. His little lips were blue, was sputtering water and looked scared but he was alright. I gave him little loves, shed a few tears and now that the adrenaline was wearing off, the cold water finally hit and out of the pool we went!
I'm not sure who was more scared, me or Burke! Definitely one of my biggest nightmares.
 I actually felt bad for Cayson. He was playing with Burke and felt responsible for him. He tried to turn him over but couldn't do it. I of course didn't think to turn and console him right after and make sure he knew it wasn't his fault. Looking back I wish I had brought him out with us. He was standing there breathing hard and trying not to cry. Today I asked him about it and he said he thought Burke was going to die. He loves Burke, even if he's a pain!

So after a long day of swimming and playing in the sun, this is what happens to two very tired babes.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Holy cow! That is scary and a good reminder of how fast and how easily it can happen, even to good, caring parents! Glad everything turned out ok.