Thursday, August 20, 2009

And the chaos begins

No pictures, sorry. But hopefully after this whirlwind passes I will have plenty of pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure.

The whirlwind adventure of moving has started. Papers were signed and keys were handed over today. We have our final walk-through and officially close tomorrow. The day will begin early and hopefully the majority of the move will take place tomorrow. Then I have up until next thursday (or if my little man chooses sooner) to organize and get comfy. Saturday is my baby shower...please baby boy, at least wait until saturday night if you choose to arrive early...to be followed by MORE unpacking.

Monday is Cayson's big day! KINDERGARTEN!!!! He is so excited and can't wait to use his new backpack and lunchbox. He is excited to move into the new house and get a new bed.

Carly will be 17 months tomorrow! She is now walking almost full time. She took her first steps almost 2 months ago but never did more than a few steps every week. This past week she has taken off! She had her 6 month checkup with her neurosurgeon and is looking good. There is a small issue with her shunt draining too much for her brain and if it doesn't clear up by age 3 then she will have this shunt removed and a new one placed. She will also have another MRI in March to check her Chiari. All in all she is doing really great.

I am supposed to be induced next thursday but it wouldn't make me too upset if little man decided to come early. I am finding this last part of pregnancy very uncomfortable. I realize now that I missed nothing by having Carly 4 weeks early! If I wasn't so miserable at night and sore during the day I would probably opt to leave him in for another 4 weeks so we could get completely settled but my poor back, hips and legs just can't take much longer!

By the time I have computer use again and upload pictures I should have a lot to share! Now I'm off to bed...tomorrow is going to be a LONG day!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I can feel your pain because we moved during my last month of pregnancy. HOw are you doing it all?? I had a break down nearly every day. Hang in there! Once my doc stripped my membranes i went into labor the next day so it is coming pretty soon for you!

And YAY for Carly walking! I love when they can walk everywhere. It is so much better. Can't wait to meet the new little boy!

Schatz said...

Oh my word...you are so busy, girl! Be sure to try to rest. You've got a lot on your plate, but you always seem to do just fine. You amaze me!

katester said...

Good luck with everything. lots of exciting events in the works for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures!