Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun girls weekend!

What a fun weekend! This past weekend Nora (my cousin) and Melissa (my sister-in-law) came up from Tucson for Melissa's birthday and for Race for the Cure. They came up friday night and stayed at my house the whole weekend. Friday night we just talked, ate brownies and orange icecream and watched Say Yes to the Dress. It was so much fun sitting around and hanging out! Saturday morning we headed out to Scottsdale for a day of shopping. We had really good lunch at The Pink Taco followed by the BESTEST fried icecream ever!! Melissa and I had our makeup done at MAC and we both got new makeup. With our new and beautiful faces we took up modeling. I got my first pair of slingback wedges ever and my first pair of skinny jeans. I also got the longest and biggest earrings I have ever worn. I felt like a new person!

Lacy's pretty hat ** Melissa's clunky necklace ** Nora's stylish glasses

Here are my beautiful shoes and jeans!

Nora is trying to make her hair higher. She believes "The higher the hair the closer to God." I however believe "The bigger the hair the bigger the whore!" j/k Nora, I love you!
We enjoyed dinner with Maury at The Grand Luxe Cafe. It was so good and so much fun to spend time together. Dessert was great! I ate so much I thought that I was going to burst! Carly was such a good girl the whole day. She enjoyed her girls day too!
Sunday morning Grandmom joined us for Race for the Cure. We got up early and headed downtown for the walk. Carly slept most of the time but was happy when she woke up. We met up afterwards with Maury and Brian and the kids and visited then we headed to Quizno's and Krispy Kreme. YUMMY!
There was a group of women there with a big Women for McCain and Women for Palin sign. We had to get a picture of it to show our support! By the end of the race the outhouses were rather stinky....ewww!
Thank you girls for such a fun and much needed girls weekend!

4 comments:

kteuscher said...

It looks so fun. I want to come out for it next year.

MKShelley said...

We have definitely got to do that again next year! The whole weekend!

Nathalie said...

Sinny Jeans! You are braver than I sister...I bet you look HAWT in them!

Nathalie said...

I meant Skinny! oops