Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Dumb preschool teachers.....
We got Cayson enrolled in preschool with this lady from our stake that does preschool 2 days a week from her home. Some other mom's in my ward take their kids there and they love it so I thought that I would put Cayson in there too. Today we went there to meet her and get our class binder and ended up really disappointed by her attitude. I informed her that Cayson needs help getting his pants back on after going to the bathroom because for some reason he finds is necessary to strip! She said that she wouldn't help him put his clothes on because she can't leave the other kids. Okay, I can deal with that...I'll just teach him to leave his clothes on. Cayson sucks him thumb....he always has. Evidently this is a bad thing in her preschool because she pulled his hand out of his mouth and told him "we don't suck our thumb in preschool." I'm glad that Thad wasn't there, he would have ripped her throat out! Annoyed I still went along and thought that I would talk to her about it later. When I got home I told Thad about it and he said that Cayson couldn't go there if she expected him not to suck his thumb. I called the lady and asked if it was a rule or just a preference that kids not suck their thumbs in her preschool. Okay, not everyone can get mad with me! In her expert opinion...We shouldn't allow it because it isn't age appropriate, he wouldn't be accepted by other children his age, it isn't an acceptable form of comfort because he should learn to talk about how he is feeling....and in her 15 mins of watching Cayson, he lacks structure in his life "among other things" that she evaulated. She wouldn't be able to allow Cayson to suck him thumb while telling other children that they couldn't but none of that matters because he just isn't developmentally ready for preschool at this time. You can only imagine the anger that filled me at that moment and probably wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that conversation. What the heck does "among other things" mean? I didn't realize that I had such a screwed up child, or that I have failed up to this point at teaching my child anything. So now we are on the lookout again at finding a new preschool, preferably one that doesn't have a closed-minded, nazi as the teacher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Lacey,
It's Nathalie- Havent emailed in forever , but I was really pissed off about that teacher. I would let Thad go after her! Cayson has been threw a lot in his little life, and by the looks of it he is doing great- so go tell her to take her psycho analyzing crap and stuff it. He is a kid for heaven sakes- kids all develop differently snd at different times. My brother in law didn't talk for the first couple years of his life and they thought he had development and social issues. He just graduated validictorian of his high school and has over a 50,000 in scholarships. So it goes to show that sometimes kids need to develop on there time
I agree with Nathalie...keep you chin up! We had a not so pleasant experience with Madison her teacher her 1st year of preschool...in my opinion, some people just should not be teaching!!
Post a Comment