Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My favorite 4 year old

My baby girl is 4 today.
No matter what she will always be my baby.
4 years went fast, too fast.
I will no longer say, "I can't wait for..."
because whenever I say that I blink and whatever it was I couldn't wait for has come and gone.
Time already goes too fast to wish away the days for something else.
I couldn't wait for Carly to walk or talk and now I would give anything to have her crawl again,
 just to have my baby a little longer. 
Every day is something new with her....
A new facial expression or fluctuation with her voice.
Or a new song that she is learning in school.
Every day she amazes me with her fiesty personality.

Today I spent the day with her.
She slept in my bed since daddy is out of town.
I love waking up to her smiling and scooting right over to throw her arms around me.
There is NOTHING better than spending a day with this girl.
She had me laughing and admiring her all day.
I tried so hard not to tell her no today and when she wanted me to hold her to just pick her up!
One day I won't be able to hold her anymore and I will long to hold her again.

Carly can be ornery and grouchy but I would never trade a day with her for anything else.
She has made my life something I never thought it could be and has brought more happiness that I have ever known. I wish I could take away her struggles and health concerns. I would take it all for her if I could! But I think all she has gone through has made her the strong little girl she is today.

I love you, Carly!
I tried to pick my favorite picture of Carly. I ended up with 75...and that's out of 1200 pictures so that's pretty good!! But I goofed and pressed the wrong button so now there are only 25 left and I'm not about to go through all 1200 again! 

1 comment:

Gina said...

"I can't wait until..." is the worst thing a parent can say. They're wishing away their child's life! Glad to hear there's another mom on the Never Wait Until... bandwagon :)

And happy birthday to little Carly! Four years of miracles in your lives :)