Being pregnant. Today I had my 2 week postpartum visit with the dr to check my recovery. While I was in the waiting room a pregnant lady and her husband walked out and without any warning I started to cry. I got control of myself and was taken back to the exam room and next door another lady was having a non-stress test done and I could hear the heartbeat of her baby. So I of course started to cry again. Am I a horrible parent because I miss being pregnant? I love my baby and I am so glad that she is here and I get to see her and hold her and hear her but I miss feeling her move inside my belly. The feeling of being sad about not being pregnant caught me by surprise and was something that I did not expect at all. Someone could have warned me...sheesh! Am I normal? Has anyone else ever felt this or am I just so over-tired that the thought of being pregnant is just so much easier than the thought of having a newborn?
On another note...tomorrow I have to take Carly to Phoenix Children's Hospital for a brain ultrasound and then to see the neurosurgeon. This will hopfully give us an idea of any improvements or regression with the swelling and give us an idea of when or if a shunt will be placed. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Sunday night Carly had her first bath at home. This did not go well at all! I got her in her little tub and started to wash her body. Just as I was getting ready to take her out to wash her hair she pooped! For those that haven't experienced newborn poop...very messy! I got her out and wrapped her in her towel while I washed the tub out and poured new water in it. She then pee'd in her towel, followed by pooping again. I finally got her cleaned, out, dried off and in a diaper very quickly. This is by the way how most of our diaper changes go. I had no idea that girls could spray just like little boys do!
Finally, we saw the pediatrician on monday. She's doing great! When we came home last friday she weighed 5 lbs 1 oz and on monday she weighed 5 lbs 5 oz. Yea!!! We're getting bigger!
8 comments:
You are perfectly normal! I have been extremely jealous of all pg women lately but I don't have the "my hormones are all out of whack" excuse. But especially right after having her you are totally allowed to be an emotional wreck.
You are not weird! I missed being prego too. Sometimes now there are days when I just marvel at being pregnant. Of course there are days where I can't wait until it is over! haha.
I was going to suggest that it might be because you didn't have to go full term (and you had the perfect little pregnant belly!)... I never had a moment that I missed being pregnant precisely for the fact that I got SO huge and SO uncomfortable AND 2 of my 4 came LATE (and it's likely the 4th would have been late too had I not been induced), which meant extended discomfort...I was all too happy to be not-pregnant.
I think it's all pretty normal. Isn't it funny that girls can make just as much of a mess as boys at diaper time? I hope the appointment with the Dr. brought some good news.
I was going to talk about how I also missed being pregnant, but then I couldn't stop laughing about the poop! I think both of those scenarios has happened to all of us!
I agree with Carol there... Had you gone the other five weeks you would not be feeling that way! Pregnancy is really great, though. I agree with that for sure.
I never missed being pregnant but I was always so sick and then just when I would start feeling better I was really BIG and uncomfortable. I pack on the pounds when I am pregnant. So I can't say I felt that way, but I almost think there is something more wrong with me becuase I don't feel that way. It sounds like you are doing well otherwise...hopefully you will start getting more sleep. There is nothing like being exhausted and still have to be a happy and loving mom :)
Congrats on your new baby! Sounds like you had quite an ordeal. I found your blog on Brit's page. Hope all is going well, and you are recovering well.
Cassandra (Fife)Conn
Post a Comment