Monday, December 17, 2007

Carly news and pictures



I finally got pictures of Carly that I could post on the computer! Its so fun to brag about my pretty girl. I've been waiting until today to post an update and it looks like I still don't have much information, but here's what I've got for now.
We got the rest of our amniocentesis results back last week and they all came out normal. Hurray! Now that we have any chromosomal (is that a word) disorders ruled out we have been waiting to see if the brain swelling has gone down, stayed the same or increased. Today was the dreaded yet long awaited appointment for a repeat scan and fetal echocardiogram. I can already tell that we have a little Thad on our hands...very stubborn. She wasn't in the best place for the scan and refused to move. No amount of pushing, jiggling, turning on my side or laying on my stomach would get her to move from her cozy little spot which happens to be breach with her head right under my ribs. Regardless of her stubborn ways we got a pretty good look at the heart which seems to be perfect. Her brain unfortunately has continued to swell which leads us to having a fetal MRI done on friday...again more waiting. As of now the brain doesn't look like it is malformed which goes in our favor. There isn't much we can do until we have the MRI results except for wait. We will continue seeing the radiologist monthly to monitor the swelling as well. We are waiting for a referral to a pediatric neurologist who will most likely require her own testing, aid in the delivery and then treat Carly after she is born. It is highly unlikely that this will resolve on its own having continued to swell over the last month but we are hopeful that it is nothing more than a small blockage that can be fixed with surgery. She is still my pretty baby and I can't wait for her to be at home with us. Until then, I know that she is in good hands being watched over by her Nana B. After our appointment today we stopped to visit her and I felt comforted knowing that someone so special was there to watch over Carly until we get her here.
That's it for now. We probably wont know much until next wednesday at my regular visit with the Dr. We are continually thankful for all the prayers in our behalf.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Those photos are fabulous--what a beautiful little girl you have there! Can't wait to meet her in person before too long. Prayers that everything turns out ok!

The pictures of you guys at the Christmas party are great--you look so good!

Judds said...

We are so glad that little Carly looks healthy. I always loved getting ultrasounds, it is fun to see what the babies are up to.

Aubry said...

Hey Lacy,
It's fun to see those pictures of Carly. I LOVE ultrasounds! I didn't know there was so much going on with your pregnancy. My parents actually live accross the street from a pediatric neurosurgeon who works at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I'm sure your doctor will refer you to very capable doctors, but if you want more info I can get you his name and contact information. Hopefully Carly won't need surgery; I'll keep you in my prayers! Have a great Christmas! You can check out my blog at aubryandtravis.blogspot.com or email me at aubry8@gmail.com if you'd like.

Leslie said...

I am so happy little Carly is okay. I will continue to pray for you guys. I hope your Christmas is great and that the new year finds you all healthy and well!

Aubry said...

I got the neurosurgeon's information. My mom talked to him and he told her what he thinks the swelling probably is. He even said he would look at the ultrasound pictures on your blog to see if he could tell anything from them! Anyway, if you email me at aubry8@gmail.com I can give you all the information. I look forward to hearing from you!
PS Your pregnant belly is very cute in the Christmas pictures. You have a very cute family! And, yes I live in the Valley so I'm all for a little reunion sometime.

Maury said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to babysit!